Tuesday, October 10, 2017

There and Back Again Day 3

Side note/update: Caught up on emails and blog posts. Did I mention that I disconnected from the world? My little phone is able to make calls and texts. That's it. I only sent texts to let family know where I was. No phone. No computer. No television (by choice). No radio. I'm also realizing that I sometimes note something on one day when it was on another, a bit of blending. I'm endeavoring to be as accurate as possible. Should have taken better notes. Oh, wait! I took notes. I can't find them. *pfft*

On the road again.

We woke between 5:15 and 5:30 AM, dressed, packed the Suburban, and ate breakfast at 6 AM. At 6:30 AM we picked up our fourth hobbit, who did the driving. S has driven the route so many times she could do it in her sleep. We didn't use the interstate but two-lane back roads.

It was beautiful driving through northern Georgia, Tennessee, and Kentucky. We arrived at the Shaker Village of Pleasant Hill, Harrodsburg, Kentucky, in the afternoon. We settled in. L, J, and S in the sitting room, which included a couple of overstuffed armchairs, an ottoman, and a couch. I was given the bedroom as I was the only one who loves the orthopedic foam mattress. Woohoo!

My walls were covered with costumes:


I wore the brown stretch velvet with lace sleeves above. The costumes were mostly L's, and she generously shared with me.


L wore these. Those are my bedtime socks on the bed and my carryon bag.


I wore these to dinner, combining them into three different outfits.

We met one of our online friends, T, and went to dinner together at the Old Owl Tavern. I wasn't particularly hungry. I looked at what was available that I could eat. The joy of being allergic to all things pepper, of any kind. The only possibility was a kale and poached pear salad. Really? I wasn't thrilled. Not a fan of kale or greens for that matter. A firm reminder that "I'm going on an adventure," which included food (within reason), and I ordered the salad. It included goat cheese and bacon. Oh. My. Goodness! It was delicious. I'd order it again, without hesitation.

One more stop before heading home, Krogers, to pick up a few things. They had my newly discovered Vitacoco water, on sale. Now the tricky part. I had a store card for the grocery store that sells Kroger products in Arizona. Would it work in Kentucky? Yes!

Home, and I was ready to go to bed at 10 PM. I'd adapted quickly to the three-hour time difference.

2 comments:

  1. Yay for orthopedic mattresses! Nice to have some space to yourself, too, after a long trip.

    ReplyDelete