Tuesday, October 17, 2017

There and Back Again Day 6

Awake around 7 AM to face a busy day. I planned to attend a bunch of workshops. I ended up only attending those presented by Dr. Michael Drout. Next time, I'll attend more. This year, it was about learning to embrace the adventure and take care of me.

I walked to breakfast, meeting S at the Trustees' Table. I wanted to take pictures of the sunrise and will share them as my pretty picture for the day. a way to stretch out my enjoyment.


This tree has been dubbed an Entwife, one of Tolkien's character that you never actually meet. Entwives are spoken of by Treebeard, an Ent.


I attended both classes presented by Dr. Drout, "Tolkien and the Artifact" and "Tolkien's Medieval Scholarship." The room was packed, both times.

Friday night was the Baddies night. Some of the outfits were astonishing. We had goblins, orcs, trolls, the Witch King, Ringwraiths, and Lobelia Sackville-Baggins. LOL!

Dinner at the barn started with Kentucky Burgoo. My least favorite meal of the whole adventure. I'm not a fan of chili or soup (except my tomato soup haha). The peach cobbler was yummy.

Many returned to continue the party at the Dancing Pony/Green Dragon until 2 AM. I slept. I know, boring, but I was grateful for the restorative rest.

2 comments:

  1. Did Lobelia take after the other baddies with her umbrella? :-) Glad you made good choices about whether or not to attend sessions; it's tempting to do everything because it's expected, but the harder (and often better) choice is to stay back and do what is best for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She didn't take after anyone with her umbrella, but Bilbo did count the spoons and found a few missing. :-D There were so many great classes offered. More time in the day is needed. :-)

      Delete